Celine Dion will end her Las Vegas residency in 2019. The 50-year-old singer confirmed Monday she will bring her Celine show to a close June 8th after eight years at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
“I definitely have mixed emotions about this final run,” Dion said in a statement on Facebook. “Las Vegas has become my home and performing at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace has been a big part of my life for the past two decades.”
“It’s been an amazing experience and I’m so grateful to all the fans who have come to see us throughout the years. Every show we do at the Colosseum throughout this fall, and right up until the final one, will feel very special,” she added.
Dion kicked off her residency at The Colosseum in March 2011, and celebrated her 1,000th show at the venue in October 2016. She ended the 25th leg of her residency in June, and will return to the stage October 30th. Dion said in a tweet last week that she was back in the studio and recording new music.
Dion last released the album Encore un soir in August 2016. She recently released the new song “Ashes” for the soundtrack of Deadpool 2.
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Rolling Stone
Celine Dion has announced that her current residency at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas will end on June 8, 2019. "I…