Nick Carter said he is “heart broken” in the wake of his wife’s miscarriage. The 38-year-old singer asked for peace in a tweet Monday after Lauren Kitt lost their unborn baby girl.
“God give us peace during this time. I really was looking forward to meeting her after 3 months. I’m heart broken,” he wrote. The Backstreet Boys singer later confirmed he and Kitt were expecting another daughter. The couple are parents to 2-year-old daughter Odin Reign. “It was a little sister for Odin…” Carter said.
Carter, who is on a solo tour of South America and Mexico, initially said he wouldn’t perform that evening in Lima, Peru, but changed his mind prior to the show. “This will be hard, but for the love of my fans here in Lima I’ll be on the stage tonight,” he wrote.
Carter and Kitt married in 2014 and announced Kitt’s first pregnancy during Carter’s time on Dancing with the Stars the next year. The couple said at the time that Kitt had previously had a miscarriage.
In other, happier news, it was reported that Nick will not be charged in connection with allegations of sexual assault filed against him by Melissa Schuman, a former member of the girl group Dream.
The L.A. County District Attorney’s office has declined to file charges against Nick due to the fact that the alleged incident took place in 2003. Because Melissa was 18 at the time, the statute of limitations applies, and that expired in 2013.
Nick had always denied Melissa’s claims that he sexually assaulted her, and maintained that the sex was consensual.
CHECK IT OUT
Full Story: Page Six