“My thing about my daughter right now is that I think she is terrified,” Thomas told the newspaper in comments posted on Sunday. “I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now. This one isn’t even a stage smile—this is a pained smile.”
“That might be just having a couple of bad days. I don’t know. It really worries me. I think she’s under too much pressure,” he said. “There’s a high price to pay to be married to that family.”
Thomas told The Sun he thinks he is “being shunned” by Megan and her new in-laws because he “made a profit on the staged pictures.” He said he has apologized to the royal family over them.
“Anyone who makes a profit off the royal family becomes shunned,” he said. “The royal family is living by rules that are outdated. Half of Great Britain seems to make a fortune selling pictures of my daughter and her husband. Are they shunned?”
Thomas told The Sun he last spoke to Meghan and Harry, briefly, after the wedding and has been unable to reach her since then. Kensington Palace has not commented on his remarks.
“Since the interview, the phone number that I call doesn’t work anymore,” he told The Sun in on-camera remarks. “The, I guess, liaison with the royal family never answers back, and there’s no address I can write to so I have no way of contacting my daughter.”