Sophomore slump! The Force is not with Solo: A Star Wars Story in its second week out. The film earned $29.3 million in its second weekend, registering a serious 65.2% drop from its disappointing $84.4 million debut.
The film got fairly positive reviews, but it seems fans just aren’t here for Solo. While The Last Jedialso suffered from a 67% drop in its second weekend out, but it was coming off a $220 million debut. Plus, it hit the market during the Christmas Holiday season which gave it more of a cushion.
- Solo nabbed $30 million overseas. Worldwide, it has earned $264.2 million globally. When Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom opens June 6th, observers predict viewership for Solo will fall off completely.
- Adjusted for inflation, Solo will be the lowest-grossing live-action theatrical Star Wars release of all time.
- Meanwhile, Deadpool 2 landed in second place in its third weekend out with $23.8 million. The Ryan Reynolds-driven feature has made $255 million thus far in North America.
- Walt Disney and Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War earned another $10.37 million in its sixth weekend out, bringing the domestic cume to $642.8 million.
- According to ComScore, the overall box office is up 6.2% year-to-date.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://bit.ly/2sr1tVi