Supermodel Janice Dickinson took the stand Thursday in Bill Cosby’s retrial on sexual assault charges, and she did not hold back.
She is the fourth of five accusers to take the stand against Cosby. Dickinson testified that after giving her a “little round blue pill,” he took the then 27-year-old up to his hotel room in Lake Tahoe.
- “I started to feel dizzy, woozy, out of it,” Dickinson, now 63, testified. “Cosby said we’ll continue this conversation upstairs and I followed him to his room.”
- He then changed into a bathrobe as Dickinson took Polaroids (which were shown to jurors). After that, she said he “got on top of me. I was sitting on the edge of the bed,” she testified.
- “His robe opened, and he smelled like cigars, and espresso, and body odor. couldn’t move. I was rendered motionless. I was immobile. I was thinking, what the f—k? Sorry, what the heck, what the heck? I didn’t consent to this, I hadn’t said yes.”
- Dickinson said she “passed out after he entered me. It was gross.” She said she woke up the next morning sore with “semen between my legs.” She also felt “anal pain.”
- Dickinson continued, saying she confronted him. “I remember saying, ‘You’re married. How did this happen? Why did you do this?’ I wanted to hit him, I wanted to punch him in the face. I remember feeling anger.”
- But she never reported the incident because she was concerned about her career. “I had clients that would not appreciate the fact that I had been raped and gone to the police.”
- Cosby’s lawyer Tom Mesereau pointed out that her book No Lifeguard on Duty included a different account of the evening. “Today I put my hand on a bible and swore. I wasn’t under oath when I wrote that book,” she insisted.
- Cosby is on trial because Andrea Constand has accused him of drugging and sexually assaulting her at his home in 2004. She is among several dozen women who have made similar claims, but only her case can go to trial because of statute of limitations laws.
- Cosby, 80, denies all wrongdoing. He paid her $3.4 million in a civil settlement in 2006. His first trial in 2017 ended in a hung jury.
- He faces up to ten years behind bars on each of three counts of aggravated indecent assault if convicted.