Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan announced their separation Monday, but it has been a long time coming, according to multiple reports.
Sources tell People that the Magic Mike star moved out of their L.A. pad months ago. “This has been a long time coming,” one insider says. “Like any marriage, they’ve had their ups and downs over the years but they really started to grow apart within the last year.”
- Entertainment Tonight reports that “There is a sense of relief on both of their parts,” and that they have actually been noticeably growing apart for years.
- The source adds, “They have tried working on things and had therapy but nothing changed.”
- One point of contention was allegedly Tatum’s penchant for flirting in public. “He flirts with everyone when he is in public,” the source tells ET. “She gets embarrassed and gets upset. Their friends noticed it. There was no fixing him.”
- The pair started dating soon after meeting on the set of their 2006 film Step Up and married in 2009. They share a daughter, Everly.
- They released a joint statement on Tuesday announcing their split.
- “We have lovingly chosen to separate as a couple,” the statement read. “We fell deeply in love so many years ago and have had a magical journey together. Absolutely nothing has changed about how much we love one another, but love is a beautiful adventure that is taking us on different paths for now.”
- “There are no secrets nor salacious events at the root of our decision — just two best-friends realizing it’s time to take some space and help each other live the most joyous, fulfilled lives as possible,” the statement continued. “We are still a family and will always be loving dedicated parents to Everly.”
- In recent months, the pair has continued to post photographs together on social media.