Philadelphia Eagles fans took to the streets to celebrate after the team won its first Super Bowl title in franchise history with a 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday night.
Here are some of things we overheard on the Philadelphia police scanner after the game.
• “We got people up on a ledge. If they don’t belong there can we get them down.”
• “Everybody so far is behaving.”
• “We’re getting calls from Temple police. Cars are driving at high-rate speeds off Broadway.”
• “There’s about 2,000 people here are the art museum. They’re starting to break off.”
• “Somebody is flying a drone.”
• “I need one of our wagons with some barricades please at 7100 Germantown.”
• “They’re lighting off fireworks on Frankford and Sheffield.”
• “I got a lot of vehicle traffic and low visibility. We need to slow people down.”
• “Franford and Teesdale I need three to five more officers for crowd control.”
• “From Central you got a large crowd at City Hall climbing the fence.”
• “I have a female here that has trouble breathing.”
• “A female bust her lip. I was gonna call a medic, but it looks like she’ll walk it off.”
• “We got a visual of the person flying the drone. We’re going to get him.”
• “There should be no one on top of the trash truck.”
• Police call a rapid response team.
• “I got two white males, black jackets, and blue jeans jumping up and down on a tractor-trailer.”
• “Got a Christmas tree fire. Tell ’em get the fire extinguisher out of my truck to put it out.”
• “Got a male bleeding from the head. Have them walk that male out of the area for rescue.”
• “They just flipped a car in front of the hotel.”
• “We got several people climbing traffic lights at 15th and Walnut.”
• Police also apparently requested backup from Homeland Security.
• “We’re gonna need bike support. They’re trying to tear multiple light posts down.”
• “We have a crowd chanting free Meek Mill, throwing cans and bottles.”
• “I need units. They have the street light almost torn down.”
Read More At Sports Illustrated