A statement from Ms. Meghan Markle: pic.twitter.com/TjBNarmuBU
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 17, 2018
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s royal wedding is just three days away!
The lovebirds are tying the knot at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor, England, on Saturday, and have invited 600 guests to watch them say “I do.” Now, a source tells ET that those lucky guests will have their cell phones seized upon arrival.
According to our source, the same protocol was in place when Prince William married Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey in London in 2011.
The night before the wedding, Meghan and her mother, Doria Ragland, will stay at the Clivden House Hotel, while Prince Harry will spend the night at Dorchester Collection’s Coworth Park. ET has learned that both of the hotels will have heavy security, but will not be on lockdown.
“There will, of course, be an extreme amount of royal guards on both properties,” the source says. “Meghan and Harry will each have their own wing in their perspective hotels. Both hotels will remain open to the public, but guests will have zero chance of getting anywhere near the royals’ private wings.”
Elton John will take the stage at the royal wedding … a fitting choice given the singer’s history with Prince Harry, Princess Diana and the Royal Family.
Sources close to Elton tell TMZ the singer is set to perform during Saturday’s event … it’s still unclear whether he’ll get behind his piano at the church ceremony or at the reception later in the night.
Elton’s been tight with the Royal Family for years … he was an extremely close friend of Princess Diana. The two worked together to raise money for AIDS research and awareness of the disease.
The singer was also a tremendous source of support for Prince Harry and Prince William when Diana died in 1997. Elton famously performed “Candle in the Wind” as a tribute for Diana at her funeral.
Elton had originally booked shows in Vegas for this weekend, but they were rescheduled months ago due to a “scheduling conflict” … guess now we know the conflict.
A spot of sunshine amid chaos! Prince George and Princess Charlotte will be two of the 10 pint-sized bridesmaids and page boys to accompany them down the aisle at their wedding Saturday.
Every child selected is under the age of 8, with the youngest one being just 2, Kensington Palacereveals.
- George, 4, and Charlotte, 2, the royal offspring of Prince William and Kate Middleton, toddled down the aisle last May for aunt Pippa Middleton‘s wedding to hedge fund manager James Matthews.
- British royal weddings rarely feature adult bridesmaids or groomsmen. William will serve as Harry’s Best Man. Meghan has opted to not have a Maid of Honor.
- The other bridesmaids at Saturday’s nuptials are Florence van Cutsem (3, Harry’s goddaughter); Remi Litt (6, Markle’s goddaughter); Rylan Litt (7, Markle’s goddaughter); Ivy Mulroney (4); and Zalie Warren (2, Harry’s goddaughter). The page boys are Jasper Dyer(6, Harry’s godson); Brian Mulroney (7); and John Mulroney (7).
MEGHAN MARKLE’S SISTER SPEAKS OUT
- The happy news is a welcome break from the drama that has unfolded in the last week. ICYMI, Meghan’s father Thomas was caught seemingly staging “candid” photos of himself with paparazzi, allegedly in an attempt to paint himself in a more positive light.
- Since the news broke, Thomas has waffled about walking Meghan down the aisle. The 73-year-old has most recently said he would not attend because of heart surgery he is scheduled to undergo.
- Meghan’s estranged half-sister Samantha took the fall for the staged photos earlier this week, and spoke out again to TMZ on Wednesday, implying that Meghan is trying to muzzle her.
- “There’s something in this country known as freedom of speech. She doesn’t have a copyright on that and she’s not gonna tell me that I can’t speak about my own life or my father’s where it’s a matter of public self-defense because the media is disparaging us. I’m not gonna take it,” Samantha, 53, said. It is unclear when (or if) Meghan told her to stay silent.
- She continued, “She’s not qualified to suggest that I don’t [speak out] under any law in this country. This is not Great Britain. I am a United States citizen, and that’s all there is to it. She’s way out of her league to tell me that I can’t speak. I’m not saying anything about her, but if I’m talking about my life or my father’s, she has to respect it.”
- Samantha was not invited to the wedding.
- Meanwhile, Samantha was hospitalized with a possible broken ankle yesterday. The injury, which also includes a possible fractured knee, occurred following a run-in with the paparazzi.
- Samantha’s boyfriend Mark told TMZ that they were driving in Florida near a toll booth when they had a “paparazzi confrontation.” He said the photographer veered in front of their vehicle in an attempt to get a clear angle. Mark reportedly swerved to the left while trying to avoid him, running into a concrete barrier. amantha allegedly hit the windshield and fell to the floor mat, twisting her foot backward. But she has MS and was not able to lift herself up. The paparazzo fled the scene, and Samantha went to the ER.
CHECK IT OUT: