Johnny Depp attacked a location manager on the set of Labyrinth, insiders tell Page Six.
“I’ll give you $100,000 to punch me right now!” he reportedly yelled at the film pro, before being pulled off of him.
- The film follows the story of real-life LAPD detective Russell Poole, who probed the murder of Biggie Smalls. Depp plays Poole in the film. The trouble on the “toxic” set reportedly started when Depp opted to direct a scene in which he cast two friends, one as another cop, and the other as a homeless man.
- “Johnny’s friends were in the scene, and it just turned into way more than it should have been,” said a source. A street in L.A. had to be shut down for the filming, and when the permit ran out, Depp tried to dig in.
- Eventually, when they absolutely had to wrap for the day, director Brad Furman told the location manager to inform Depp.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean star had allegedly been “smoking and drinking all day on set,” causing him to lose his temper and take a swing at the location manager, Page Six reports. But Furman disputes their story.
- “Johnny Depp is a consummate professional, great collaborator and a supporter of other artists,” Furman said in a statement to Page Six. “He always treats the crew and people around him with the utmost respect. Movies can be stressful, and nonevents often become exaggerated. We all love stories — there isn’t one here.”
- It has been a rough few years for Depp. He had a very public, ugly split with ex-wife Amber Heard, who accused him of physical and mental abuse, and now he is being sued by former body guards over pay and is embroiled in a $25 million legal battle with his former managers.
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: https://pge.sx/2K1Lxii