Each quarter, the Q Scores Company uses consumer survey data to rate famous personalities on their likeability or “consumer appeal.” These ratings are used by casting and advertising agencies, PR firms, syndicators, theme parks, and more. The Q Score database includes more than 25,000 people in its Performers category.
The average Positive Q Score for a primetime female star is 21. Longtime cast member of NCIS Pauley Perrette earned a score more than double that, making her the most-liked female star on primetime TV; over 40% of respondents identified her as one of their favorites.
Though she is at the height of her popularity and NCIS was recently renewed for its 16th season (it is particularly popular with Trump voters), Perrette is leaving the show at the end of this season. There was speculation that her departure had to do with a coworker’s dog. Her final episode aired Tuesday, May 8.
Top female primetime stars:
1. Pauley Perrette, NCIS: 44
2. Taraji P. Henson, Empire: 36
3. Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones: 35
4. Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: 34
5. Viola Davis, How to Get Away With Murder: 32
6. (tie) A.J. Cook, Criminal Minds: 31
6. (tie) Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things: 31
8. (tie) Paget Brewster, Criminal Minds: 29
8. (tie) Linda Hunt, NCIS: Los Angeles: 29
10. Kaley Cuoco, The Bang Theory: 27